American Blues is pleased to announce our annual playwriting contest BLUE INK.
American Blues Theater (ABT) is seeking submissions for a new annual playwriting contest, Blue Ink. The winner will be awarded a cash prize of $500.00 and receive a staged-reading of his/her manuscript by American Blues Theater. The winning play will be chosen by a selection committee comprised of ABT Ensemble members, most notably Emmy award-winner and ABT Founder Rick Cleveland (Nurse Jackie, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, West Wing).
There is no entry fee. Please follow these guidelines:
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays. Plays that received professional productions are not eligible. Translations and screenplays are not accepted. Adaptations allowed only if underlying rights are free and available.
- Blue Ink is open to all subject matters. All playwrights are encouraged to submit.
- The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play’s title and playwright’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and page count. A second page must list the title of the play only, a list of characters, a list of acts and scenes, and (if applicable) a list of acknowledgments. Please include playwright’s bio/resume in a separate attachment.
- Playwrights may submit more than one play.
- Submissions and questions are accepted by email only to email@example.com
- Please send as a Word Document or PDF File only.
- The submission process begins on July 12, 2010. Submissions must be received no later than December 15, 2010.
- The winning play will be publicly announced at ABT’s 25th Anniversary Season Gala on March 8, 2011. The winning playwright will be notified directly, prior to public notification. The winner and finalists will be posted on ABT’s website immediately following the public announcement.
- ABT reserves the Right-of-First-Refusal to produce the World-premiere of the winning play for one year’s time beginning on the date of the winning playwright announcement.
- From the time of your submission through the winning announcement date, if your play receives or is scheduled for a professional production, please contact us.